Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:20 PM   #12
nick104

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #3372
2016 Axis 24.1 heating pads for black and grey tanks

We took a 13,000 mile trip from TN to AK last summer and early fall. Three full months on the road. Coming back to the U.S. in Yellowstone Park I noticed something hanging down under the left side of the coach. Crawled under as far as I could get and noticed the heating pad had separated from the bottom of the tank and the wires had come lose and hanging down. Put a temporary duct tape patch on it that held until I could check it out better. Once home, I discovered that the other heating pad had completely come off and the wires for it were hanging lose. That tank was under the center of the coach and I was not able to detect it was missing before I lost it somewhere . CW replaced the heaters under warranty but it took two trips and stayed in their shop more than two weeks.

Some people have had various problems that have been expressed here but I will say that our 3 months on the road went very well. I did have a rear dual inside tire valve extension that took 3 trips to 2 tire shops in Calgary to finally get it fixed. The short 6" flexible steel extension on the valve had a small leak that was very difficult to find. The big V-10 and 6 speed tranny on the E-450 chassis got 9.1 miles per gallon for the whole trip ( door to door ). The Axis is back in the shop at CW with an engine battery discharging problem even when plugged into shore power. Additionally, when taking it back to CW with the battery problem, the A/C defroster blower stopped working. They have ordered parts but it is still there after almost 3 weeks. CW needs to get a better handle on getting parts from Thor or whoever and reduce the time they take to fix things. As Axis/Vegas owners, we need to be on the phones/emails to Thor Customer Service. They have been fair with me and extended my warranty to make the blower repairs as a good will jester. P.S. We did not have a tow vehicle and I drive 65 mph tops and usually much slower in AK. Lots of road repairs and following guide cars through construction every summer. Great place to spend your camping days.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum