Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
nick104

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #3372
Replacing the engine battery on Axis/Vegas 24.1

Has anyone taken the engine battery out of their 24.1 ? If so, how did you take it out ? Also, do you have two black ( approximately 4 inches in diameter ) flexible air ducts that are routed over/above the top of your engine battery ? They route fresh air into the engine compartment from the grill area.One of those ducts on my Axis 24.1 has gagged down over the past 14 months and apparently shorted out the engine battery and ruined the 12 volt power system. Those ducts have a wire running around them inside. If the black plastic gets rubbed off, big problems !! It melted part of the duct. I don't know how it was able to do this because there is a red plastic flap protector that covers the positive terminal of the battery. Hope to learn more once I get my coach back from CW. They have had it 3 weeks on Tuesday Feb 28, 2016. Takes time to get parts from Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum