Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #11
obxfshn

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #1332
Great Write Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Brandon,

There's a (very) lengthy set of posts on our first few weeks owning our Axis here. You might find it helpful as it documents all of the quality issues we've had, among other things.

We love our Axis, but quality has been an issue. Most new coaches have their issues, and new models even more so, but Thor does seem to be worse than most. Even their new top of the line tag-axle DP the Tuscany appears to have many of the same issues.

Don't let that stop you from buying though! The Axis is perfect for us and I'm rapidly getting the kinks worked out. If you're set on an Axis buy from a good dealer and negotiate a good price.

Do a lot of research, do the walk-through BEFORE you sign paperwork, and have all of the issues you find included as "we-owe" items in the contract when you do sign. That ensures you have as good a commitment as possible that they'll get done.

Then enjoy! There's plenty of help here and elsewhere and if you're the least bit handy you'll be fine.

Regards,

Randy
Great write up Randy. I just finished reading it and if/when I purchase the Vegas I'll print it out as part of my checklist!

Thanks again!
Brandon

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum