Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #61
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Just visited the camper (we keep it at a storage lot about 3 miles away from our house so that I can visit it and give it a hug frequently! ) and yeah none of that above works. You can't override the trigger via the methods I gave above. You can do it, though, but the method takes a bit--it may be easier to install a switch.
Here is what you can do for now: Turn on radio (vol down again etc.) press and hold the CAM button until settings shows up. On our camper CAM 1 = rear, CAM 2 = left, CAM 3 = right. The settings screen will let you change things for each camera. The options are: Normal, Mirrored, and Skipped. If you set CAM 1 to Skipped it will show CAM 2 in reverse until you set CAM 1 back to normal (or mirrored if you will). It will never show video for a CAM set to skipped so make sure you set it back to normal to see that camera.

On another subject: The chassis battery was pretty much dead and I was just there on Friday running the engines. So far I haven't had a chance to check the current draw from the battery with a meter yet but I have a good idea what is causing it (as everyone else has mentioned on here). The Jensen radio. Even with the coach battery set to "store" (which disables the display on the Jensen) it still keeps time and is thus getting a "keep alive" 12V from somewhere. For an experiment I pulled it out of the dash and disconnected it (our owners packet came with two U shaped removal "tools". You can see them in this pic:
). I pulled the large plug on the lower drivers side (looking at it as if it was installed). (I tested to make sure: plugging that back in showed a time of 12:00am--got it.).
So while its in storage I'm leaving it like you see above to remind me to plug it back in when we go use it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum