Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #71
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
That would work, but it might mean resetting the stereo each time you de-powered it. May not be much more than resetting the clock though.

I did find that on my boat, we had shorepower so we never run the battery down during the season, so the switch for de-powering the radio was only used for winter storage as showerpower remained connected to the boat when we were gone for a few days.

But I came up with a really crazy idea for the boat (my natural tendency is to over-do things), and use a small battery, perhaps an alarm panel battery, and dedicate the keep-alive to that.

However, it complicates things as the keep-alive is also the main (high current) power line for the stereo, whereas the switched wire is a small current wire turning the stereo from active to standby.

So I would have needed to make a provision to switch the stereo with a relay to the main power source whenever it is turned on. That main power source could then also recharge the keep-alive battery.

Again, a wild scheme to be sure, but I have been known to do such things.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum