Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Helen pns View Post
You should consider getting one of these flexible probes (boroscope) that has a light and a small camera. Amazon has one just for over $100 and maybe money well spent.

General Tools & Instruments DCS200 Professional Scope Color Camera
I tried copying the web page but no luck

I also think I saw one at Harbor Freight
I was thinking the same thing while reading JD's last post.
Before I went drilling a bunch of holes in my enclosure, I would sure try to go through the fridge maintenance area. I'll bet you could get at it through there.....
one small hole to stick a scope through, so that you can see what you're dealing with. another option to HF is renting a scope, or if you know mechanic or home inspector, barrow one.....

I think I would pull the door and the enclosure if my choice was either that or drilling multiple holes through the enclosure..... would be hard to make a nice looking patch as you've already pointed out. Also potential for future leaks.... and there's the potential for hitting something with the drill that you don't want a hole in.

Also, rather than a series of holes, I would think only one, higher, with an extension tube that could be inserted deep and slowly retract while squirting in the foam....

If for some reason you can't take the shower door &/or the enclosure loose, and IF you are dead set on foam insulation it might be money well spent to hire an insulator that squirts this stuff into walls for a living..... or maybe you could rent the equipment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum