Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
Is there any OEM motorhome that is good enough stock that an aftermarket mod will not be noticed? I don't have enough seat time on enough vehicles to know what I may be missing, but I don't get feel like I am disconnected from the vehicle while driving. What am I missing?
The best handling motorhomes from the factory are likely Class Bs (based on owner feedback I've read), particularly those built on FWD ProMaster chassis. While researching the subject, I've never run across anyone who felt "upgrading" the chassis was necessary (except for minor preferences). They are low and wide, and with low center of gravity. Additionally, they have modern independent front suspension much like that of a car or SUV. The rear suspension may be a solid beam, but because of very light mass it apparently tracks the road well.

I personally believe that great handling is a low consideration when many large Class A or C motorhomes are designed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.