Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #9
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsckennedy View Post
Hi everyone. Bought my first MH last year and have taken a couple trips without a toad. Love it! Recently had my 2014 Honda CRV outfitted with baseplate and purchased Blue Ox tow bar and Patriot braking system. Planning a trip to my roots in South Dakota over the summer. Any tips to this newbie would be greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there.
You should also look for posts here and other RV forums (and YouTube) about towing a CR-V with the Blue Ox Patriot. Please don't think that I am disparaging the product because I have the same moxel year CR-V and the same Patriot system. Also understand that Honda does not put a robust battery in these vehicles and it could lead to some issues. If you drive with the toad behind for very long (without periodic stops to run the engine to recharge the battery) you run the risk of draining the Honda's battery and you will need to jump-start the car in order to recharge its battery. There are aftermarket gadgets that will help with the problem but be aware and be prepared. The Honda tows effortlessly behind our 2016 Thor Synergy TT24 and is quite easy to hook up....and by all means enjoy the journey!

Ed L.
2016 Thor Synergy TT24 3.0L V6
15,500 miles
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum