Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rv covers
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #11
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
RV covers

I haven't had very good luck with RV covers. I have spent good money on several covers for my previous MH over the years. The first one was destroyed by ice and winds N. Illinois and since we have lived in South Florida the sun destroys them in about 2 years, even after buying the best ADCO UV protected cover.
Not to discourage you, but the covers also left thousands of tiny abrasion/ scratches in the finish. I was a fanatic about washing and waxing my rig every time before covering it, placing pool noodles over the awning legs, slide outs, bumpers etc, but over 4 years the finish that I was trying to protect was damaged pretty good by scratching from the cover. Before trading my previous MH on my new ACE 30.3, I was able to buff most of the tiny scratches out of it, but there was still noticeable damage to the finish.
I have decided not to cover my new MH and instead am just going to try and keep it clean and waxed? I am also exploring the possibility of building an RV shed/ port to protect it from the sun and rain. Good luck with your search for a quality cover and may you have better luck than I did!

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.