Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rear AC
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
Yes it is a 5500 watt generator. I did look at the breaker box and didn't see any tripped. Maybe I should have tried resetting the breaker? I am curious if there is any where else, from the generator, the power could be tripped....like the transfer switch.
If breaker isn't tripped, the above would be my next suggestion. I'd check to see if other electrical loads on rear-A/C side of panel are getting power.

With 50-Amp service, approximately half of the electrical loads and breakers are on one leg, and the other half on the opposite leg. Each of these legs are +/- 115-Volts to ground, but opposite in phase, so that there is 230-Volts from one leg to the other.

As I understand it, the generator is different from shore power because it only produces 115-Volts and with only one leg. This means that in order for all coach electrical to get power from generator, both legs in electrical panel have to be connected together.

How this is done on your RV I'm not sure, but would troubleshoot by first determining if it's only the rear A/C that may not be getting power, or if roughly half of the motorhome is also not getting power. I normally use process of elimination to narrow possible problem areas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.