Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 06:33 AM   #12
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Steering Stabilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
Is there any OEM motorhome that is good enough stock that an aftermarket mod will not be noticed? I don't have enough seat time on enough vehicles to know what I may be missing, but I don't get feel like I am disconnected from the vehicle while driving. What am I missing?

Newmar's "Comfort Drive Steering" is essentially an OEM version of the BlueOx Tru Center with on the fly centering capability. You would not be able to mount an aftermarket unit without removing the OEM unit that does the same thing.

However, adding a centering device, (actually a different contraption than the common stabilizer), can be easily performed on any Motorhome chassis, gas or diesel, (and will cost much less than a Newmar with its OEM system, and perform identically).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum