Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #5
tmikea

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
Response to nmcmilla

The Oil-Life Monitor [OLM] (see page 370 of the 2016 Ford Transit Owners Manual) DETERMINES WHEN you should change the engine oil base on how your vehicle is used: Normal, Sever, Extreme. Read that page. extended idling, mountainous roads, hot weather, cold weather max load, towing, etc. are all used by the OLM algorithm to determine when oil needs changed.

From my Internet reading, this algorithm works pretty good. Note that the OLM does not actually sample or test the actual oil.

I would not try to out guess the OLM. I'd consider it "Gospel". Could void warranty also.

I think $150 is a great price. This Diesel uses 12 quarts of synthetic oil. I bought just the oil and filter a O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $110.

Finally that's why I'd like to know where the OLM's current calculation sets so I could change the oil myself BEFORE I was halfway through a trip and had to have it changed and disrupt my trip. But Alas, I've found on way of doing that. No OBDII device that I'm aware of will pull that info out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.