Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
sepesce

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Cold weather and Axis 24.1 tanks

Just took the Axis from storage and am ready to flush and sanitize in preparation for our spring break trip. We are scheduled to leave this Saturday Morning. Friday weather forecast for New Jersey has changed to an overnight low of 16 ! What is it with this rollercoaster winter?? But I digress… Here are my questions :

1. Assuming water tank , pipes, cleaned, filled and ready to go , would turning on coach heat keep pipes safe overnight?

2. I don’t have access to 30 amp. Is there any battery use associated with using propane heat?

3. The coach came with tank heating pads. Would I need to use them too, and would I have a battery issue?

This is our first cold weather trip. We will be facing colder weather until we hit the Greenville SC area on Monday. The weather calls for possible snow and ice at our stop over in Monticello on Sunday.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum