Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #7
FrankP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #6726
Continuing Battery Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippetwagon View Post
I have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 and have had problems with batteries draining while stored. We run the generator and start the engine monthly while it's stored (in driveway). Initial issue was dead chassis battery but emergency start and generator worked. In Feb 2016 took it to Ford truck service and all battery tests indicated normal levels. Driving seems to keep all batteries charged.
I have also had similar problems with the chasis battery going dead. The house batteries are charging and holding a charge. The RV has been to Ford twice and they insist there is nothing wrong with the truck side of the system or the truck battery. If I let it sit for a few days, not plugged into shore power, the truck battery goes dead. While poking around I discovered (1) if the house batteries are put in standby, the truck battery does not go dead (2) the dash radio is connected to the truck battery and when I pull the fuse out of the back of the radio, the truck battery quit going dead. Thor insists the radio is connected to the house batteries and this cannot happen. Go figure....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum