Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Hi Larry,

Those 22.5's are nice! Michelin has a tire chart specifically for these tires. Weigh your rig fully loaded, as you are heading out for a road trip. Check the tire inflation table and adjust your psi accordingly! Thor recommends running the tires at 90 PSI, you will find that weight on the placard by the drivers seat. That pressure is based on the vehicles max gross weight of 22,000 lbs.

My rig fully loaded for a trip weighs in around 20,800 lbs. according to the Michelin chart, they recommend I run my tires around 77-78 psi. That 12 psi made a big difference in handing.

I also invested in the TireMinder system, what a life saver! Had an inside dual valve stem fail while driving at highway speed. The system warned me immediately, I was able to pull off to a wide spot and inspect it. (There was no change in handling with the inside dual flat!) Found a Les Schwab shop 10 miles away, they told me to drive it on in!

After a 30 minute repair I was on my way! Without the TireMinder, I could have easily driven another couple hundred miles before noticing a problem. By then it could have been an $800-1,000 dollar repair vs a $28 dollar repair!!
On that one instance, the TireMinder paid for itself!!
To me it was well worth the investment!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum