Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #18
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Can you, or anyone, expand on this more. I keep my Vegas at my house plugged into shore power with the house batteries in "use" mode. I went out yesterday and the chassis battery is dead. I put a meter on them and the house batteries are good and the genny runs but the chassis battery is only 1 volt. The Emergency switch would not start the coach. I thought shore power would/should keep both house and chassis batteries charged. Any help is much appreciated.
If you have Ed's manual (if you don't go download it) read the part on the BIRD and Trombetta or BCC depending on what system you have to connect/disconnect the coach and chassis batteries from each other. The system is designed so the generator/shore power charges the chassis battery as well as the coach batteries and the engine alternator charges the coach batteries as well as the chassis battery. Your system is apparently not working as it should. When I purchased my 2016 Axis, mine did not work either. The BIRD in my 2016 Axis was wired incorrectly at the factory. It was a simple fix, but difficult to diagnose. If you read Ed's manual, you will see that th BIRD is designed to open the Trombetta and connect the two battery systems. Apparently yours is not doing that. Could be a bad BIRD, bad Trombetta or miswiring. If you search for oneilkeys and BIRD or Trombetta you probably an find the posts outlining my trials and tribulations in the spring if 2016.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.