Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
We spent a year looking at different coaches with in a 400 mile radius while traveling in out old coach. After we sold our previous coach, I called MHSRV and ask if they had a particular Thor Hurricane 31 s in stock. I needed the VIN as I knew Ford was changing from 5 to 6 speed transmissions. Mitch Bennett said the 31s I wanted was on the lot and I could reserve it for $1,000. I explained that we were 650 miles away and want to look at all their coaches in the 31 ft range. He said I could transfer the deposit to any coach we decided on. I had previously driven a Windsport 31s so I didn't need a test drive. We arrived in the early afternoon and spent the afternoon looking at 11 different coaches (three different makes). The Hurricane we put the deposit on was still our choice. The talked it over with DW that night in the motel and made the decision to buy. We went to the finance department and arranged for a wire transfer from our bank to theirs. The sale was completed in two house. We had lunch in the cafeteria and moved into the coach that afternoon.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum