Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 01:55 AM   #14
Vinster30

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
Beau388 and Travelin'Texans
My sales rep mentioned something about having a 30 or 45 day time period to discover and report issues I find! I'm going to look into that further.
You should have a mininmun of one year for warranty items. Cosmetic items you can note with the PDI walk through. Final payment should never be made before you are completely satisfied that any and all repairs are made or counted far.

The on premise stay at MHSRV is very nice. You have a chance to test everything before leaving. They do not allow a test drive, so anything in that area would have to be noted and brought back.

I do not know how close you are to the dealership, but if I were you, and this is how I would complete the sell. When the unit arrives at the dealership, go inspect the coach with no plans to take delivery that day. Thursday morning is the best time. Check all the cosmetic and fit items. Things like paint, cabinets, flooring, doors, run any slides in and out, check all the lights, remotes and generator. Everything that could be operated without being hooked up like in a campground. The items you find should be repaired that day or leave it a week for the repairs to be made. Do not pay until these repairs are made. Next, take delivery of the unit when you are completely satisfied that any repairs needed are completed to your satisfaction, not promises that they will be made later.

After make your final payment and signing the paper, drive to local campground. I am from Texas, so anything within an hours drive is local. The latest in the week this should be is Friday. That giving you Friday and Saturday to check every system for 2 days. Use everything, shower, cook, and maybe even set up and tear down more than once. Doing this on Friday and Saturday, stores are open for anything you may have forgotten. Sunday drive home very happy with your new purchase or back to the dealership Monday with a list.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.