Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #22
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
Also, don't let the dealer rush you. When I picked up my Hurricane in January, the dealer told me that they allow 60-90 minutes for the PDI. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I told them that it was going to take as long as necessary in order for me to be comfortable with all of the systems. I have owned many new campers and motorhomes over the years. While there may be similarities in systems, each one is subtly different in terms of their location, absence or presence of water heater bypass systems, winterizing kit installed, propane only or propane/electric water heater, and so on and so on.

After all of the PDI's I've been through, I still sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that I know something and don't need to ask. Big mistake. If they tell you that the water heater is behind a certain panel, make them unscrew the panel and show you the back of it and how the bypass valves work. Snap pictures of each system, print them out, and keep them with the rest of your owner's documentation.

Sometimes we get caught up in the excitement of the newness of our new purchase and then get frustrated later on when we don't know how the various systems work. Good luck, and above all, enjoy it!
X2! I've been RVing for a long time, have owned one of just about every type, I still forget or miss things occasionally! Knowledge can sometimes be a dangerous thing!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.