Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #15
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaEP View Post
Hi all, I just had the same thing happen with my 2016 Vegas. The radio would not shut off (for a couple of weeks), but was not draining my battery so I figured I'd get it fixed later. When I pulled into a campground last week, the media unit flashed for awhile and then totally died, and now my battery is dead. I cannot start it using the emergency start on the dashboard. I have been plugged into shore power - I'm in a campground. I found on another forum thread that the battery is under the passenger desk. Before I try to take that out (not at all mechanically inclined), can anyone tell me whether it's possible to jump the battery using a portable power pack with the battery in place? Sure hope I can because neither Good Sam road service nor I have had any luck finding a mobile mechanic, though the park rangers gave me some numbers to try tomorrow.
Thanks!
Victoria
Ref battery terminal access, the positive terminal is easily accessible in the Axis and you can use any point on the frame for the negative jumper cable. The other question as gmc indicates is why your engine battery is not charging while you are hooked into shore power or running the generator. It should, but it is a common issue that some new Axis/Vegas are wired incorrectly at the factory.
See http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...js=1#community

For a very recent discussion on this issue. However, this issue is secondary to getting you jump started and home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Access to the terminals may be an issue (someone with an Axis/Vegas can better comment) - but no reason you can't try to jump start it - or find a camping neighbor with a separate battery charger to hook up...

If you were at a campground plugged in - the chassis battery should have been charging - you may have an underlying problem of an issue in the BCC (Battery Control Center, BIRD, and/or Trombetta depending on which your particular coach has (all described in Ed's manual).)

There are times a battery is so dead that the emergency start won't work - or that could be another symptom of your real problem (as that also involves tieing the 2 batteries together...)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum