Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #22
VictoriaEP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #6754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I had a dead chassis battery on our 2016 VEGAS, emergency start did nothing...

Found a 100 AMP breaker under the "hood" was thrown. Reset the breaker and used an external charger to charge the battery.

As soon as the battery was charged, everything was good. I made sure I now carry long enough jumper cables to reach from the coach batteries to the chassis batteries "just in case".

I did not try the emergency start after I reset the breaker, but that could have been my problem. I also found that the chassis battery DOES charge from shore power as long as I don't try and start the engine while connected to shore power. If I turn the engine off, THEN connect to shore power, the chassis battery DOES charge from shore power. I figure there might be a relay miswired somewhere, but haven't tried to trace it down. When I questions THOR on this, I was told that shore power does not charge the chassis (which I know is incorrect, but not worth arguing about)

Like I said there is a 100 AMP breaker (mine was yellow) and when the "flag" is thrown, it needs to be reset. I think there is also one in the coach battery compartment
THANks, Mike. I do not see anything that looks like a fuse or breaker in either the engine compartment or the coach battery bank. Do you recall exactly where the breaker was?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.