Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Correct, and Thor had updated the website to indicate that all Axis/Vegas units were using the 450 frame. Recently they updated the website again to indicate that the 24.1 models are back to using the 350 frame--even though they didn't update the GVWR and GCWR on the page.
I was told by Thor employee (not a dealer) that they had received a number of E-350 stripped chassis and would use them up on 24.1 because they are the lightest of the Axis/Vegas floorplans. While he didn't specifically state it, he led me to believe that once the E-350s are used up, they would likely go back to E-450s.

The chassis selection process seems a little too arbitrary to me, as if guided more by marketing than engineering -- which should be expected.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum