Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
craigdrabik

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #6466
First trip - de-winterizing and re-winterizing on the road

HI folks. I've learned a lot around here in a short period of time, and I'm hoping to pick the collective brain a bit. I'm headed out for my first trip with my Vegas 25.2 next week. Yay! It's going to be below freezing here until after I leave. Boo. The RV was winterized by the dealer. I believe they have antifreeze in the water lines - I'll be sure to check with the dealer when I pick up the Vegas from having the brake controller installed.

Question 1: I'm planning to stop on the way to North Carolina to fill up with water. We're OK with bottled water for drinking and cooking. For showering, is it enough to run water through all the taps until the antifreeze is all flushed out (skipping a full sanitization)?

Question 2: I'll need to drain the water and blow out all the lines before we leave NC. I'll have access to a compressor so that's not a problem. Given that we're almost into April and unlikely to see anything worse than the teens in Buffalo, NY, do you think I'm OK with just a blow-out? Should I re-fill with anti-freeze?

Thanks in advance all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum