Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:17 AM   #10
naturescott49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Alaska
THOR #6077
Ace 29.3

We purchased a 2017 new the end of October. We've already spent 52 nights in it, drove from Atlanta, GA to California and back and two trips to the Florida panhandle. We are exceptionally pleased with our decision to purchase this rig. It drives like a dream, even two days of heavy wind in the California and Texas deserts. It isn't too fancy, which is to our liking. The newest models have larger windows and we really like that. The 29.3 has the dinette on the passenger side with a large window, so you look out at your picnic table, not the road!

We downsized from a 30 foot fifth wheel and I only miss two things: there really isn't a "living room" if you entertain guests (with just the two of us on the long trip, this wasn't an issue); and I don't have a "carport" under the hitch to put chairs and stuff when it rains.

It's been to Camping World for some warranty stuff, all fairly minor, twice. I fixed two things myself with a call to Thor technical. Two of the three valves for the water heater bypass are hidden, one requiring complete removal of a panel!!!! I cut out a 4 x 4 square, put on a hinge and pull knob, so now I just have to move stuff in the cupboard away to open or close the valve.

It is built far better than our fifth wheel was. We got 9.5 mpg on the 6k mile trip, a number I'm quite happy with. We have the outside kitchen, which I would not have ordered, but having it, we really use it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum