Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #17
wsgts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Florida
THOR #6556
New Vent Exhaust

I did, I'm actually sitting in the Motorhome now, I am working out of town and decided to take the MH instead of flying. Forgot how much more economical it is the camp that hotel it.

Parts: All of these plus ordered this from etrailer.com. The reality is I probably didn't need the new vent, but I couldn't figure out a good way to modify and get a reasonably good seal.

The installation went fine, have to cut three holes, the external one to the outside was the pucker factor. Inside, everything looks normal. Inside the Cabinet, there is obviously new hardware.

There is room between the back of the microwave to cut the hole in the bottom of the cabinet and still run the ductwork over to the cabinet, then out to the vent.

Total cost was around $150 bucks, several hours of my labor. I had called CW about getting them to do it, but they had a significant wait before they could do it, and I wanted it completed before we did much cooking in here. The lady on the phone did not say if they would actually do it or not, just that they would "have to look at it".

The biggest issue is cutting the hole in the exterior wall I would go as low as possible as I almost ran into the steel support inside the wall. Thor was great and sent me the sidewall plan, that I have attached.

It is totally worth it for us, we do cook a lot inside. In talks with my other RV friends, so many people don't cook inside or just use the microwave so probably not a big deal for a lot of people. It removes smoke and heat much better now!

wsgts
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TWL1287-01.PDF (133.4 KB, 136 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum