Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Saf-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #92
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSexton View Post
....cut....

Most of day 3 and 4 was pretty bad. But, that was not due to RV at all. We got in to flat portion of Texas, and then Arizona and Colorado--all were windy (at times, very windy). I know that there are some suspension upgrades that might help, but we are still driving a big sail!

At the end of day 4, we made it into Utah and the winds died down. When we got to highway 128, north of Moab, it was a pleasure to drive. Highway 128 snakes along the Colorado river as it meanders through the red rocks. I was sitting in the drivers seat thinking that it was money well invested. It drove on that road as nice, or nicer, than the Sprinter.

....cut.....
Are you saying it didn't help much in windy conditions?

By the way, highway 128 is indeed great. I've driven it a few times when traveling from Colorado to Moab and love how you follow the Colorado River and see how it starts forming a canyon mile after mile. Occassionally we stop and just watch the rafts and kayaks floating along.

As I recall much of the road is protected from cross winds by the canyon, and it's fairly low speed, which makes it a pleasure to drive. Even so, it's a lot more relaxing a drive in a 20-ft van than 30-ft Class C. Just pulling off onto narrow overlooks is much easier.

Reading all the handling issues these larger motorhomes seem to have is making me rethink going larger than a Class B. Unfortunately, Bs are so cramped by comparison.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.