Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats on the new coach! We also love ours and are getting ready to retire and full time in it as well.

Getting an extended service plan is basically choosing whether or not you can do some of the handiwork yourself and/or that you won't spend that kind of money in repairs over the life of the contract. Most appliances that will break generally break inside the first year but that also depends on how much you use the coach in that time. All of the shaking and rattling from being driven around can take a toll on the house side of things. I am generally pretty handy on both the automotive side and the house side and proved to the wife that I can handle the issues when they come up and if not, that is what the savings plan is for. It is about the risk - how much are you willing to take for the warranties as given?

I would side with gmc on this - hold off a year and see how it goes. You can always purchase a plan after your initial year is up or even later. Doing that also doesn't add the cost of the plan into your financing over a lot of years, if you go that route.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum