Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #1
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Challenger Modifications -need some help

We purchased a new 37lx in January after weeks shopping different makes and models. One thing that concerned me about this model is the counter space. I cook in our RV a lot, and often for a lot of people. I need a bit more space. Every RV we've owned previously had a folding counter extension. This one does not. Thor makes the Challenger 37KT model with a counter extension that's 11" X 15".

I decided there is room to add one to the left side of the sink. I have one on order which my husband can install, but what I need is a few pictures of one already installed. Anyone with a Challenger 37KT that can take a few pictures of the counter in the extended position from above and underneath? Also in the down position and one from inside the cabinet showing any bracing? Or really, any Thor model that comes with an extension should help.

We haven't done too many mods yet. I added a small "C" table to the left side of the couch behind the dinette. I didn't have anywhere to place my martini glass when seated there. We did take it in to Josam in Orlando to have the front end aligned, and the tires balanced and shaved. Husband says it drives like a dream, but we will had a steering stabilizer.

The Challenger is pretty well outfitted and doesn't need much in my opinion, however there's always a need or room for improvement. What mods have you done on your Challenger??

Karen

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.