Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Be Cool on Coolant Line Mishaps!

First let me start by apologizing for your trouble in a brand new coach. I know you're wondering why I would apologize for something I had nothing to do with right? Well it makes us feel better about bad situations to have people sympathize and even apologize when we are upset. I know it's tough to deal with the silly stuff that poor workmanship poor attitudes and just plain old laziness puts us through. Remember life in these United States is not what it once was, times have changed. When I was a kid we left the doors in the house unlocked all the time. Half the time the garage door was open too. The family car was a tank, nothing stopped it and everyone on the block could fix just about anything that went wrong with it. There were no obscenities on TV. No constant news stream of everyone hating everyone else. No computers and no cell phones so we actually had to sit at the dinner table like a family and talk to each other over meals. (Don't let your kids or grandkids read this it will scare them.) People took pride in their work and did a good job at whatever they chose as a career. Washing machines lasted forever as did, dryers, stoves, refrigerators and appliances in general. The first fan in most of our homes was a hand me down from our grand parents and it never quit. We simply gave it away or threw it out because it looked old and we wanted to be trendy like the neighbors and get a new modern one. The money we spent for virtually everything bought way more than it does now. Hamburgers at the local restaurant or Drive-In were huge with nice fat juicy meat paddy's. You really have to search to find them today. It's all about the quality. The quality of everything food, trust, workmanship, relationships, durability, someone's word. Not many people know anyone at their local bank, hardware store, auto repair shop, local school. Our American life of "community" has changed. It's gotten much larger and bred anonymity. I for one don't think it's better at all but then they don't listen to me.

Having endured my share of disappointment's with TV's, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, furnace, water heaters, roofing, tree removal, auto repair, RV repair, restaurant food and service and a few more I have come to a few conclusions.

Things will never be like they used to be.
They don't build them like they used to.
Paying more doesn't necessarily translate to better.
I need to be vigilant to get what I paid for sometimes.
There are plenty of nice great people out there and this is a great place to find some.

Wishing you well and years of worry free RVing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0904.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	4268  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum