Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Road Trip Table
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Road Trip Table

A new project I just finished; I added a drivers table for road trips. On my Miramar there is a hole on the floor just behind the doghouse for the oval table. Unfortunately the oval table is too large to have in place while driving, it's meant for when you are stopped and the chairs are turned inward.

While roaming the isles of camping world I found a mount for the pole that supports the oval table top. Next I went online and found a durable heavy duty tray table with 4 cup holders on the 4 corners. Using rough grit sand paper, I roughed up the bottom of the tray so I could apply an epoxy to the wood and the tray. Next I used a 1/4" piece of oak wood and marine grade G-Flex epoxy, I glued the oak to the bottom of the tray. Using 1/4" wood screws, I secured the metal table mount to the wood. I now have a small enough table tray to use while driving.

The tray table is ergonomic, as it is close enough and the right height so I'm not reaching down to the doghouse for drinks or snacks while driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2800.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	4269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	4270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2802.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	4271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2796.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	4272  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum