Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #13
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
I have a small inspection camera that I bought on that is indispensable for RV projects. The going price for them is less than $20 and you can find literally dozens on eBay and Amazon.

They are USB type cameras so you need a laptop to connect it to to power it. The "head" consists of a camera and 3 LEDs to illuminate dark areas.

They typically have 15ft or so of flexible cable which can be an advantage in some situations and a disadvantage in others. But if you need to control the direction of the camera inside a wall, you can always tape a coat hanger wire, etc. to the camera to use as a handle to control what you are looking at.

For the low cost of these, everyone doing projects should have one. If you buy one though, don't bother with installing the driver application, which is a crude made-in-China software application. Rather, they should work out of the box on a PC by using the webcam software that (should) comes with your PC. I even got it to work out of the box on my Ubuntu/Linux netbook without even having to install or configure anything.

I also have a Milwaukee 2300-20 borescope that I paid around $100 for, but I don't think it is made any longer. I used it when I did boat projects, but I never use it anymore since I bought the USB version.
That's a great idea. I'lll look into getting one. I can think of many uses!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.