Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Four 6 Volt Batteries in Ace 30.1

I just replaced my less than a year old POS Harris batteries with a pair of Interstate 6 volt deep cycle batteries. The Harris batteries decided to not hold a charge - went from full charge to dead a month or so ago and just this week went from full charge (12.5 v) to 40% (11.9 v) in 4 days. In both cases the house battery switch was set to Store.

I was hoping to upgrade to a set of 4 6 volt batteries, but when I removed the old batteries I found that there are a couple of barrier strips int he bottom of the battery bay as shown in the attached picture.. My battery bay will allow 15" x22" of battery, which is enough for the 4 6V batteries if the strips weren't there. I'd have to figure out how to strap down the second set, but I don't see that being a big problem.

Has anyone fit 4 6V batteries in their 30.1 battery bay? Can you remove the barrier strips without destroying the battery bay?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3742.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	4273  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.