Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #13
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
The sketch shows front cab window is now mounted within the side wall instead of adjoining the top of front cap on previous design.
Yeah if that line is indeed the seam between the front and the side. I'd call that a big improvement--reducing the likelihood of the front side windows leaking (which seems to be a common thing in Axis/Vegas units given my experience). I think it makes it look a little cleaner too.

I would speculate that the front taper will still be there. On our Axis the side starts to taper right in front of the door--well behind the seam between the front and the wall (which is right above the front wheel). The floorplan diagrams also show the taper starting at that point.

That diagram also hints at some significant changes on the front as well.

Note that the text SuperD posted included "Larger Kitchen Window" which could be the reason for the kitchen window in the drawing being larger--I would welcome that as the little peephole window we have is kind of useless! LOL This kind of makes sense: If you move the microwave down below the stove (like described above) you could make the bottom of the top cabinets slightly higher (e.g. shorten the cabinets) allowing for a larger window there (at the sacrifice of storage space).

All of the above means the 24.1 could have a nice big kitchen window like the 25.3 does (pic from Thor's website):

Probably more like the 25.2: (also a Thor image)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum