Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Thor 120VAC Wiring Errors

I haven't had a problem with my ACE 30.1 with shorted wires, but I do have a problem with incorrectly landed wiring at the circuit breakers.

First problem I discovered when I replaced the OEM WFCO Converter with a Progressive Dynamics. I found that the power to the Converter was terminated on the circuit breaker labeled Water Heater, and the Converter breaker wire was something else. so after discussing with Thor, I just swapped the wiring on the circuit breakers and thought all was well.

A few weeks later I discovered the the outlets on the driver's side were not powered while the generator was running. I tracked it down the above mentioned "Water Heater" circuit breaker. I like to keep the Water Heater breaker turned off when the coach is winterized so there isn't a chance of burning out the element by accidentally turning on the Water Heater 120V switch on the control panel. Turning this breaker back on gave me power to the outlets.

So I have another 120V distribution wiring error to track down. There are two wires under the "Water Heater" breaker, which I had though were for the heater element and the On/Off switch. Apparently one is the wiring to the outlets and I'm not sure what the other is now. I've got some circuit tracing to do once I have a chance. I don't trust the local CW RV techs to track this down, plus I can hear "warranty voided" because of the first fix I did. I haven't formally tested the other breakers to verity the power what they say they do, but that will be part of tracking down what's up with the outlets and water heater.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.