Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #997
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post

...cut...

I'm cautious about heading the other direction with the 1.5" lift claim of the HD springs, though it's definitely a path I lean to. Convincing myself that we might have this RV longer than our history proves however, tells me to leave things alone because it's pretty darn good and fun to drive the way it is.
I can relate to leaving things alone if it's working. It's that old "if it ain't broke ....." I now find it easier to adjust my expectations (to a point).

I'm curious which HD springs you've looked at, and how much they cost. A lift would obviously give you more wheel travel before you reach bump stops. That normally helps off road. On pavement it probably won't help as much.

For an Axis/Vegas I certainly like the idea of getting entry door a little higher, which a front lift would address.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum