Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Venetian
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm in the process of adding two 100w panels to ours right now... we'll see how it goes when she's all hooked up. I think for starters I'll just keep the two panels 'mobile' so that I can keep it easy until I know and understand how it is working in providing amperage to the batteries.
I've been against it for quite some time, which is to mean that the cost versus monetary reward is too far apart, to offset the use of the generator...

BUT

going to Alaska in the summer months might provide a whole different attitude to the solar payoff calculation - there is almost 24 hours of daylight during the summer months! Now, THAT makes solar more of an idea...

if it works well here at the house, I may mount them on the roof - but I also may decide to just keep them in the toad and bring them out when needed. My one real question has been about TILTING them toward the sun for the best output....
we'll see if I can come up with a simple, yet effective and easy to deploy tilt system...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum