Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #754
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
OK all of you 29Mers, we're taking our new Windsport out this next Monday for a few days to a local campground. I'm going to try to run/go through all the systems while there so I can begin making a fix-it list for the dealership.

Are there inherent issues that I should focus on based upon your expert knowledge? At this point, I know that I'm going to try and tinker with the Rapid Camp configuration. The remote doesn't seem to be doing anything so I'm guessing that it just needs to be configured to the Lippert receiver (under the bed?) I've downloaded the instructions from Lippert, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Even though the campground that we're going to has full hookups, I'm planning on filling the fresh water tank about 2/3rds and adding a 1/4 cup of bleach so that it can slosh around and clean/disinfect on the 20 mile drive out and back. Hoping that it'll be ready to go after that.

Appreciate any advice I can get...

Cheers!
To disinfect its best to add bleach to a gallon of water and pour it into the tank. Then fill tank. Go inside and turn on each facet/shower one at a time hot and cold until you smell the bleach. That way the bleach gets in all the lines and the hot water tank. Let sit for 24 hours, drain at tank and low water point, then refill. You will probably smell the bleach for a couple of days but that's ok.

There is a reset button under the bed for the Rapid Camp. Make sure the remote is charged. You may only need to push the reset button and not need a reconfigure.

Run all your water lines, and from time to time look under the mh to make sure there are no leaks. Don't forget the outside sink and remember it has a mac pump to drain that sink. The switch is under the cabinet. At night turn on all your lights inside and out. Make sure they are all working.

Keep a notebook on the dash or table. Just camp and have fun. When you see/find something that needs fixing write it down so you don't forget.

I've only had very minor things that needed warranty to fix. More adjustments then broke. Water heater electric element did go out so run your water heater in both gas and electric at different times to make sure they both work.

Have fun Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum