Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Thumbs up Mine is Arriving on Monday:)!!!

Sforl,

Congratulations!

Mine is arriving on Monday, after the long trip to Oregon from Indiana. I am appreciating that my dealership will do the PDI with me (later this week, probably Friday) which I anticipate will take many hours. They already know I'm a pain in the ass and a well educated consumer (thanks to you all, so they will put one of only a few very experienced folks, very patient too I imagine, on the task of doing my walkthrough.

What is really great about them, and other dealerships I seem to see around, is that I will get to stay overnight hooked up on their premises to go through whatever else I want to in whatever amount of detail I want to do it, to continue to search for anything left that needs attention before I finally take ownership of the rig (in my case Vegas 25.4). If I wanted to or needed to, I could stay a second night too.

I do have some things for them to do in terms of work even if nothing is found and if things are found, I certainly expect them to be addressed at that time. I was thinking of having them install the steering stabilizer and the anti sway bars but wonder if I should just start driving it first. I know they will do an alignment if needed but it's suggested that I try to drive it loaded first. I think the 2017's come with the vent covers but if not, would want to add those as well.

Anyway, all of this to say, ...well...I'm really excited! But also to suggest that you may want to see if they can offer an option like this for you.

I also, literally, just clicked on my Amazon.com account to order to permanent EMS (the Progressive one for 30 amp) so they can install that for me at that time.

Best of luck and let's keep in touch with our progress, eh?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum