Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #774
TKM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
TKM, you might be able to squeeze 3 batteries in the compartment but not 4. When I change my batteries I'm going to use group 27 sealed deep cycle marine. I measured and they'll fit, won't have to mess with adding water. You might get 3 12v deep cycle batteries in but not sure the charger could handle 3.
I Might extend the battery tray, or re design, if possible to add the 4th. I too will use Group 27, sealed. May consider Gel, since they can be mounted sideways or even upside down but the jury is still out on that! I may also upgrade to a 2000W Magnum Inverter/Charger and remove the stock Converter system. Its pretty pricey but I have seen great success with that setup on my buddies coach. I have a portable 100W solar panel that I just clip onto the batteries to help keep them charged while in the desert that worked great in my toy hauler. right now its a pipe dream, I think I have a few years before I need to upgrade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum