Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr
Also on the 24.1 anyone have problems with tiny shower and water spilling out from curtain? Wondering if i can live with smaller closet and no pantry.
The newer model years of the 24.1 have come with the Arc shower curtain rod which holds it out from the shower near the top (I installed one on my 2014 to get the same result). This makes the shower pretty usable--we haven't experienced any water on the floor other than that when you get out of the shower.

On the 24.1 you have two options for the pantry: Either the cabinet above the sink, or the "hatches" above the slide. In our case we use the cabinet above the sink, the dishes go in the drawers under the stove (we don't have an oven) and the "hatches" above the slide are used for disposable items (zip lock bags, paper plates, plasticware, etc. I also keep the Thor bag in there, maps, level, our campground binder, cook books, etc. in the front one). This arrangement has worked out well for us. (For as long as we've had an RV we've always used the microwave as a "bread drawer" to make use of that "extra storage" since the microwave only gets used at mealtime.)

When Thor first announced the 25.5 floorplan there was considerable discussion here. A few of us didn't like the drawback of that plan: When the two rear beds are made up as one large bed there is no way someone else in the camper (say someone sleeping on the front bunk) can get to the bathroom without disturbing those on the larger bed. (Granted not an issue if it will always be only two people--for now there are always 3 of us camping.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum