Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Pops R

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
House Batteres not charging on Shore Power

Hello all, another 'newbie" here. We have had our new 2015 Thor Challenger 37LX for only about 5 weeks now and are having problems keeping the furnace on over night. The two dual 6 volt house batteries keep draining till the low voltage error code comes on the Xantrex XM 1800 panel while we are connected to the 50 amp shore power. I am able to restore power by turning on the engine for a few minutes and then the house batteris show full charge but then begin to drop slowly again.

It seems maybe I have an issue with the converter from what I have seen in other RV forums and trying to read the manuals. I need to know where to find the converter and feel stupid but I dont really know where it is. I have the Xantrex PRO Inverter up front in the compartment behind the battery compartment, and I have the 50 amp Transfer switch in the rear with the Shore power line compartment, so where is the converter located?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.