Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
I assume you are saying your tire guy doesn't think the valve stem extenders work that well, and he is not saying that a TPMS doesn't work that well.

I have also read some folks have had problems with slow leaks when using metal valve stem extensions. I am putting my TPMS on this week. It has the flow-thru sensors so for now I am not going to put is on my inside duals, just the outside ones, front tires, and two trailer tires. When I have a new set of tires put on in a couple of years I will have long metal stems put on the inside duals then.

I agree if you do buy some though they should be solid metal. My sensors are big enough that they would probably cause the valve stem to flex while under way if made of flexible material or rubber.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum