Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #805
PapaMo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
State: California
THOR #6863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
LOL that's funny! I wonder if after you extend the awning then put the battery switch in the store position temporarily if it would keep the awning from retracting? I have a couple of small mildew spots on my awning that need to be washed, think I'll try that.
I have a feeling that's what Beau388 ended up doing when he almost fell off the ladder while working on his and it suddenly began retracting. That would be a rude awakening...and potentially dangerous!

I guess one could test it out by having the awning out, gently jostling it with a broom until it retracted, and then repeating this procedure -- but after switching the batteries to 'store' when putting the awning out the second time. Then you'd know for sure.

Personally, I'm glad that this awning had that feature. It saved me from a potentially costly and stupid mistake. Interestingly, the guy who did the walk-through with us specifically said that there wasn't any such sensor on the awning. Maybe something Thor recently began using on the 29M?...I don't know.

Back to the maiden voyage...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum