Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post

We have a 2016 34.2 and have put about 5,000 miles on it so far, leaving for Disney World next week.

With the levelers we had a problem also, on automatic leveling, the tires were always off the ground. I contacted the leveling company, Lippert components and they advised me to do the following.

Stay away from the automatic leveling, instead do it manually. They advised to drop the front jacks down first and make the motorhome as level as possible, when that happens, just drop the back down for stability. They said the bottom line is to park on a fairly level site first and go from there. They were completely against the any wheels being raised off the ground.

We had some minor issues that were easily repaired by the dealer. Be sure to check your rear ladder, make sure it is snug and tight to the coach. Ours was not and bent towards the bottom, Thor sent us a replacement with no issue. We have the washer and dryer and make much use of it. Good Luck!!!

I've never had any luck with the auto level system!! If you stand back about 10-15 feet from your coach, you will notice the rear levelers have a longer stroke than does the front. For this reason I will typically place at least one, sometimes 2 pads down under the rear levelers.

Could be my imagination, but when I do this, it seems there is less movement of the coach. For really uneven spots I will use the Camco Try level system,
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44573-Y...eveling+blocks.

They can support up to 3500 pounds a piece or 7,000 pounds per rear dual, mine typically weigh in around 6,300 pounds loaded with my stuff. The front wheels aren't nearly as heavy. They really help leveling on uneven surfaces.

We had a rear ladder issue as well, the ladder was damaged upon delivery to the dealer, it happened while in transit. It was replaced under warranty but the ladder attachment points were damaged , which weakened the fiberglass. That was a much bigger issue!!

It appeared the ladder may have been bottomed out, while pulling into or out of a parking lot, there was no physical damage on the ladder that would explain the broken attachment points.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.