Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #70
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
I usually get away to "get away" and don't take a car. If we stay for a while and want to see things or go out to eat we usually rent a car. Enterprise will bring it to you and you have unlimited mileage for about $20.00 a day. We may do that a couple of days during a longer trip.

Renting is much cheaper than paying for a car and insurance. I also don't want the hassle of pulling another unit. When traveling, a mall or large parking lot usually has two spaces available. We even did this when I had a Class B unit.
I've been lurking in various RV blogs for a couple of years just studying the situation and trying to figure out which RV i wanted, and for what i would enjoy doing with an $70,000 toy that's depreciating like mad every day. But what i can't figure out is why in heck these manufacturers of RV don't build these things totally able to dry camp anywhere you want for weeks or months at a time right out of the blocks. They would sell like hot cakes. Inverters standard, solar standard, all sorts of things people spend tons of money adding on after purchase. Just sell me an RV with all that stuff already there, and ready to put the damn RV anyplace you want without worrying about shore power, electricity ect...ect. ect.. Roadtrek is trying it with their new one. Anyone have an opinion why this isn't already standard stuff. Probably money huh? Money isn't any problem. If you have 10% to put on a 20 year loan and you're able to make the payment and you're 60, who cares if the loan is paid off, and who cares what the unit is worth in 10 years. I'll probably be in a easy chair with a sip cup anyway. yeech.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.