Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #817
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Curtains, battery switch, pantry door lock

I have done the following ( plus more) I want to share , a couple things are important.

1. coach battery cut off swicth.. I installed a knife style. After you put it in "store" mode" then lift the knife.. in store mode the battery still is being used at about .5 amp per hour.
2. Slide cabinet door lock. My 27k has a skinny slide cabinet next to the fridge. On my first trip 200 yards from the dealer I pulled into a gas station and it came flying out busting the opposite closet door. The dealer installed this lock, and replaced the damaged door..
3. Within 10 months the inner lining of the curtains, made of paper as far as I could tell, disinigrated on thier own, turned to white dust. I went to a fabric store, bought sun blocking curtain liner and took my curtains, after cutting out the crappy liner, to a seamstress who sew in the real thing. They block sun, work great.
4. If you seem to have alot of noise it may come from your windows. The little plug on things will cut that noise out. I had them installed via warranty, but have seen them for sale on Ebay. I do not know what the part number is. Yes, it helped alot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160907_105640.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	4351   Click image for larger version

Name:	lock on pantry.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	4352  

Click image for larger version

Name:	curtain.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4353   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150219_145455.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	4354  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.