Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
RobbieH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
The 3Trax system seemed to fix the problem on mine.

For SiriusXM, I used a "pluggable" radio. If you think about it, it makes much more sense than a permanent radio.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I59XQKO

Why?

Because I have docks in most of my vehicles. I have one in my Jeep Wrangler, one in my Jeep Cherokee, one in my motor home, and one in my truck. Experience has told me I can't drive more than one vehicle at a time. So, I can unplug it from my truck and put it in the RV when we go on a trip. Then when we arrive, I can unplug it from the RV and put it in the Jeep we towed. One subscription, saves ~$100 a month per vehicle. I also have a boombox I can plug it into for use at our pool, or by the RV for those rare times we want music while camping.
https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXSD.../dp/B00M0FDN9I

In the 33SW, I never found a good place for the antenna. I simply placed the antenna on top of the car mount that came with the radio. I'm sure there's a better way though.

EDIT: Forgot, the CO2/Propane sensor went out on mine, too. I unhooked it, took out the factory smoke detector and put in a Nest Protect. This way I get alerted on my phone if something goes wrong. I kept thinking "what if the RV catches fire outside the house while we are asleep?" Problem solved.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum