Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #1062
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Another couch bites the dust...

Just completed my replacement of the implement of torture that Thor calls a sleeper sofa with a RecPro ($799) dual recliner. The color is mahogany which blends very well with the side leather on the driver/passenger seats. Fit with about an 1.5 to spare on each side and reclines fully with no problem. I really like the firmness of these compared so some others I looked at which were too soft for my tastes. I was able to keep the table storage behind the seats, but had to move the table legs to be safe. Attaching them to the platform was the trickiest part. Had to get a flexible drill extension to attach metal straps to the chair frame and Axis platform. I was able to get some of the leatherette fabric from RecPro for $10/yard that I used to cover a baseboard I cut to trim out the bottom. Super comfy, excellent for snoozing, and really makes the living area so much more usable. Thanks Doc and all who have gone before me and were so helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axis Chairs 2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	4360  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.