Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #835
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I did some searching/research when I first saw the CO detectors being added - because of the location... I had the same concern.

Most factory installed detectors in our RV's are dual purpose - propane and CO... A propane detector needs to be near floor level - as propane is heavier than air and will settle. A high mounted propane detector may not alarm when it should.

CO is not so straight forward - as it will disperse through the air. Mounting CO detectors in varying locations/heights - from ceiling to floor - seems to be common practice - and nothing I could find shows any significant advantage of one location over another. In my last house - I had CO detectors at normal outlet height and on ceiling...

Certainly nothing hurt by adding additional CO detectors...
I think we read the same reports. Also we were typing at the same time but you hit tge post button a second before me
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.