Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 PM   #6
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Sounds like it should work well most of the time, although I'm curious how the software would take into account suspension compression when starting out on very uneven terrain.
I doubt it does. It probably just does the basic trig function to get the heights at each corner ( distance*sin(angle) ). If it does compensate for compression it is probably a fixed constant (as you'd have to have different calculations based on the different RVs).

I do have to point out that there are a bunch of RV Level apps in both App Stores (Apple, Google). Here is an Android one for example. These apps require you to lay the phone/tablet down on a flat area of the coach just like you would a level (and they do the same calculations that the LevelMatePRO does--its just that the LevelMatePRO separates the level from the readout). I've tried one of them, but my phone's camera extends out from the case so it doesn't lay flat

Hmm here is another application of the same sort of thing: The Android app and the sensor that goes with it--doesn't look as slick as the LevelMatePRO though (it does talk to you ! however).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum